Just in case anyone else is having major issues with getting the Conexant AMC AC’97 Audio Controller drivers installed on Vista /Windows 7Â 32Bit heres a quick guide.
(Thanks toÂ Harold for letting me know these also work with Windows 7 x32)
2. Run it and extract the files to c:\pnp\ or c:\pnp\audio\ (as it says do)
3. Open device manager
4.Right click on the Multimedia Controller thats showing, then click update drivers
5. When screen appears click Browse My Computer . . . .
6. When next screen appears click Let me pick . . . . . .
7. Click have disk, then navigate to where you extracted the files (i.e. c:\pnp\audio), and select qtac00ba.inf and click next.
8. Drivers should install!!!
Let me know if this works for you.